SDOT advises travelers that Union Pacific Railroad will be closing East Marginal Way S at Diagonal Ave S for a complete replacement of track crossing from October 28-31. There is a potential traffic impact for the Seattle Sounders playoff game at CenturyLink Field on Sunday at 6:30 p.m. Drivers are advised to plan ahead.
From 7 p.m. on Friday, October 28, until 5 a.m. on Monday, October 31, travelers can expect the following:
- East Marginal Way S will be closed to traffic in both directions at Diagonal Ave S for a complete replacement of track crossing.
- All southbound SR 99 traffic will be detoured at the S Atlantic St exit to 1st Ave S.
- Drivers who wish to continue to West Seattle may use the southbound 1st Ave S on-ramp to westbound West Seattle Bridge at the Spokane Viaduct.
- Southbound E Marginal Way S traffic will be detoured at S Horton St to 1st Ave S.
- Northbound E Marginal Way S traffic will be detoured at S Hudson St to 1st Ave S.
- Diagonal Ave S will also be closed between E Marginal Way and S Oregon St through 5 p.m. on Monday, October 31.
- Drivers are advised to use alternate routes.
SDOT would like to thank the public for its patience while this work is completed.