SDOT advises travelers that crews will be paving NE 65th St between Sandpoint Way NE and 58th Ave NE on October 1 and 2. This work is weather dependent.
Between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. on Saturday, October 1, and Sunday, October 2, travelers can expect:
- NE 65th to be closed to traffic in both directions between Sandpoint Way NE and 58th Ave NE for grinding and paving work
- Eastbound and westbound traffic on NE 65th will be detoured via 58th Ave NE to NE 70th
- The Burke-Gilman Trail will be closed at NE 65th and a signed detour will be in place
- The crosswalk on NE 65th at Sandpoint Way will be closed
- The NE 65th entrances to Parkpoint Condominiums and Sandpointer Condominiums will be closed
- There will be no parking on NE 65th St between Sandpoint Way NE and 58th Ave NE
- Uniformed police officers will be on site to assist with traffic and pedestrians
- Sidewalks on NE 65th will remain open
- Affected Metro buses will be rerouted. Please see www.metro.kingcounty.gov/alerts/ for more information on bus service
This project is part of SDOT’s 2016 Arterial Major Maintenance (AMM) program. The AMM program maintains our busiest streets by making strategic small scale investments at key locations on city streets. SDOT would like to thank the public for its patience while this work is completed.