SDOT is advising drivers that Greenwood Ave N between N 125th and N 136th streets will be repaved this coming Thursday and Friday nights, August 18 and 19. The repaving is part of a project that began this past week, which will repave Greenwood Ave N between N 112th and N 136th streets.
Greenwood Ave N between N 112th and N 125th is scheduled for repaving in September. Motorists are advised to be aware of the rough road surface in the area and to travel safely.
What to expect:
- Paving work hours for Thursday and Friday will be 7 p.m. until 6 a.m. the following morning.
- One travel lane in each direction will be maintained on this section of Greenwood Ave N throughout the paving process.
- Thursday night, August 18, the southbound lanes between N 125th and N 136th streets will be paved.
- Friday night, August 19, the northbound lanes between N 125th and N 136th streets will be paved.
- On-street parking adjacent to the paving will be prohibited until the repaved lanes are reopened.
- Motorists will NOT be able enter or exit driveways for several hours, until the newly laid asphalt has had time to cool. For motorists who are impacted, please consider parking on side streets if you need to come and go during the affected time period.
- On Thursday night, it is estimated that southbound driveways between N 130th and N 136th streets will be closed from 7 p.m. and midnight, while southbound driveways between N 125th and N 130th streets will be closed between 10 p.m. Thursday night and 6 a.m. Friday morning. These hours are estimates that could change depending on how the paving progresses.
- On Friday night, it is estimated that northbound driveways between N 130th and N 136th streets will be closed from 7 p.m. until midnight, while northbound driveways between N 125th and N 130th streets will be closed between 10 p.m. Friday night and 6 a.m. Saturday morning. These hours are estimates that could change depending on how the paving process progresses.
- Emergency vehicles will have access.
SDOT appreciates the public’s patience while this work is being completed. For more information on the Greenwood Repaving Project, please visit the project website at: www.seattle.gov/transportation/pave_greenwood.htm.