SDOT is scheduled to begin construction the week of April 4th of a new curb ramp that will meet Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) standards on the southwest corner of 7th Avenue and Spring Street. Construction is weather permitting and expected to take up to two weeks to complete.
Travelers can expect the following construction impacts:
- Construction activity and traffic impacts from 7:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- Closure of the southbound lane of 7th Avenue between Spring Street and Madison Street. A detour will be in place using Spring Street, 8th Avenue and Madison Street.
- Eastbound traffic on Spring Street will be limited to one lane between 6th Avenue and 7th Avenue.
- Sidewalk closure on the south side of Spring Street between 6th Avenue and 7th Avenue. Please use the sidewalk on the north side of Spring Street and follow pedestrian detour signage to safely access your destination.
- Noise, dust and vibration associated with construction.
This work is part of a citywide effort to upgrade curb ramps at many locations to make our sidewalks accessible to everyone. SDOT would like to thank the public for its patience while this work is completed.
For more information about SDOT’s curb ramps and accessibility guidelines, visit www.seattle.gov/transportation/CurbRamps.htm.
Norm Mah, SDOT