- Night owls, if your plans take you to or through downtown Seattle late in the evening the week of April 22, be sure to plan around State Route 99 Battery Street Tunnel closures.
- Crews working for the Washington State Department of Transportation will close the northbound lanes Monday night, the southbound lanes on Thursday night and all lanes Tuesday and Wednesday nights. Closures begin at 10 p.m. with lanes reopening by 5 a.m. the following day.
- Open lanes northbound on Thursday night favor fans heading out after the Mariners game that evening.
Monday, April 22:
- The northbound lanes of SR 99 between the Western Avenue on-ramp and Denny Way will be closed from 10 p.m. Monday to 5 a.m. Tuesday.
Tuesday April 23 and Wednesday, April 24:
- All lanes of SR 99 between Denny Way and Elliott Avenue, including the Western Avenue on-ramp will be closed from 10 p.m. Tuesday to 5 a.m. Wednesday and from 10 p.m. Wednesday to 5 a.m. Thursday.
Thursday, April 25:
- The southbound lanes of SR 99 between Denny Way and the Elliott Avenue on-ramp will be closed from 10 p.m. Thursday to 5 a.m. Friday.
Drivers can use alternative routes to reach SR 99 on either side of the closures. Options include the northbound SR 99 Denny Way on-ramp and the southbound SR 99 Elliott Avenue on-ramp.
These closures allow crews to install ground movement monitors along the SR 99 tunnel route and perform sewer survey work. The monitor and sewer survey projects were coordinated to occur during a single closure to minimize travel impacts.
Ground movement monitors are part of a comprehensive program to help protect structures during tunneling, which is scheduled to begin this summer.
Drivers can also find a current list of downtown Seattle construction closures at www.wsdot.wa.gov/Northwest/King/Seattle.html.