SDOT is advising travelers that Columbia St will be reduced to one travel lane between 2nd and 3rd Avenues on Saturday, April 21, between 8 a.m. and 6 p.m. and Tuesday, April 24, between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. as work continues on the Columbia St 2-way Transit Corridor Project.
This work is in partnership with King County Metro in preparation to convert Columbia St from a 1-way street to a 2-way transit pathway. This work includes complete street reconstruction to accommodate buses, new signal poles, and curb line changes. This work is weather-dependent and subject to change. SDOT would like to thank the public for its patience while this work is completed.
Travelers can expect:
- Columbia St will be reduced to one travel lane between 1st and 2nd Avenues
- Westbound Columbia St traffic will be rerouted between 2nd and 3rd Avenues
- Signed detours will be in place
- One traffic lane will be maintained around the work zone
- Local access will be maintained
- Temporary pedestrian detours between 1st and 2nd Avenues
- There will No Parking or Loading Zones in the work zone during construction
- Vehicles travelling on Columbia Street may experience delays near the work zone
- Construction-related noise, dust, vibration, and concrete odor
For more information on this project, please visit: http://www.seattle.gov/transportation/projects-and-programs/programs/transit-program/2-way-columbia
If you have questions or concerns, please contact the Columbia 2-Way Project team at email@example.com, or 206-316-2545.